Canadian Military Heritage Museum
To Honour the Canadian Military. Past and Present.
Hop aboard the ship that has seen more battle experience than any other vessel in history. This naval contingent has been a part of many naval expeditions with other nations such as the United States, Japan, England, etc.
From Our Blog
The Canadian heritage museum is one of the most attractive tourist spots in Canada. It attracts many tourists every year. However, there are many places around the museum that can be visited. Here are a top few places you should visit.
- Brantford Arts block– For any art lover this is the place to visit as it takes realistic initiatives to encourage the creation of art. It makes people leap at the creativity and artistic wonder of the place. It’s an organisation that motivates the creation of art. It is open for anyone. From tourists to people of the local community are welcome her.
- Tutela Park– This is a beautiful park which has a lot of open space for children to play around and have fun. It has recently been remodelled to become a well-equipped playground. It has the popular outdoor ice rinks as well. It is nearby the roads and thus you need to look out for the children however it is a very peaceful place to just sit down and relax.
- Wayne Gretzsky sports centre- This the place for any sports enthusiast. There are many things that you can do here as there are many facilities for swimming, sauna, water pool slide. There is even a fitness centre and training room. So, if you are fitness freak and missing out on the fitness during your vacation this is the place you will want to go to.
- Glenhyrst Gardens- Like any other garden the Glenhyrst garden too is quiet the place for a relaxed time amid nature and scenery. After visiting the museum, you can drop into this garden and have a relaxed time on the grass and maybe even nap away as it doesn’t have too much population gathering there.
- Brantford Symphony Orchestra– This is a must visit for anyone who is a music lover, heritage admirer or just wants to experience history. They are known for providing the audience with a great orchestra performance. It is a dedicated group of several musicians providing great music for years now.
- Grace Anglican Church– It is the country’s oldest church. There are services throughout the day. It has recently started a new congregation which allows people to attend church wearing jeans and carrying their coffee. It is a place you will definitely want to visit. The architecture, paintings and the delicate carvings are a sight for the devoted.
- Personal Computer museum– It is built upon an old opera house. It prides the possession of technology that has evolved over the ages. You can find computers that were used back in the late 1930s. The original software, the early models and varied magazines that explain the evolution of computers can also be found.
Planning a trip to Canada? Here are a few places you must visit. These places mark Canada’s greatness and tourism. You have to visit these places to be able to understand the country’s beauty, rich culture and vastness. So, put these places on your list and don’t forget to visit them and unravel its beauty.
- Niagara Falls– Known to be one of the greatest and the largest waterfalls in the world. The Niagara Falls is a must visit for all. It is known to be a magical sight for all those who visit it and it is a number of spellbinding waterfalls that come together.
- Whistler– It has the largest ski resorts in North America. It is an apt place for winters. It is on the list for best winter destinations. There are many thrilling winter sports that you can indulge in like skiing, snowshoeing and tobogganing. It is a captivating snow land. Many come here to do snowmobiling.
- Quebec City– It is one of the most renowned old cities in north America. It is known for its heritage and archaic beauty. If you want to experience magical romance and all things beautiful this the place you should visit. If you are visiting this place with a romantic partner.
- St John’s– This city is one of the refreshing and rejuvenating cities in North America. Though this is also an old city which has houses beautifully coloured. It is also considered a mini San Francisco. It is a pleasant city to just walk through on a regular day. It gives you the feels of walking through a town.
- Tofino– This place is for the tourists who are beach lovers. There are cosy beach facing hotel rooms you can book and stay in. You can spend a relaxed or fun day at the beach and binge on fish tacos (a special delicacy). You will also find the Pacific Rim National Park reserve here. You can indulge in kayaking and also go camping with friends and family.
- Churchill town– This is a small town that has nothing to do with the former president of united states. It is one of the coldest places in North America with temperature falling below 5 degrees Celsius and is also the spot for travellers who want a close encounter with wildlife. It is considered the polar bear capital of the world as well. There is also the fort Prince wales which you can explore. If you are interested in snorkelling you can do that as well. With whales.
Brian L. Brigman
“My father and grandfather had served in the Canadian Army, and it was only right that their memory should be celebrated by not just their family, but by Canada as a whole. That was the inspiration behind starting and refurbishing this venture.”
“CMHM is a not for profit privately run museum. The museum can only exist with the funds collected from your visitations and donations. Please visit and view our large assortment of artifacts. Our dedicated staff of volunteers are always on hand to assist you and answer any of your questions while you browse.”
“Everything you can
imagine is real”
Copyright © 2018 cmhmhq.ca. All rights reserved.